To ensure the continued improvement of our environmental performance.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO THE:
PROTECTION OF THE
We aim to use energy and natural resources more efficiently, minimize the production of waste, harmful air emissions, and water discharges while seeking ways to preserve heritage, landscape and biological diversity.
- Operate our facilities in a manner that meets local laws, standards and regulations.
- Minimize the exposure of our employees and the communities we work in to environmental, health and safety risks by employing safe technologies and operating procedures.
- Minimize the use of non-renewable resources and, where feasible and safe, replace them with substitute raw materials.
- Minimize the amount of hazardous and other wastes we generate, reuse and recycle materials where feasible and dispose of wastes using safe and responsible methods.
- Implement programs to prevent accidental releases; have emergency response action programs in place at all sites.
- Conduct environmental audits for all existing facilities.
RESOURCES, TRAINING, RESEARCH
- Provide adequate employee training and awareness raising to facilitate continuous improvement in environmental performance.
- Implement sustainability and product stewardship practices in the design, manufacturing, distribution and application of our products to enhance their contribution to sustainable construction, minimize their impact on human health and the environment, and limit the amount of wastes generated and disposed of.