Site Navigation

JG Stewart Construction

Established

1948
1948

Russell Henry Stewart founded the Stewart Group of companies. He was regarded as an industry pioneer.

1949

Russell began his operation by trading in his car to purchase his first used bulldozer.

1980

From this grew the Stewart Group of companies that also included Stewart Construction Alberta Ltd owners and operators of sand and gravel pits in Alberta

1983

G.H. Stewart opened by, Russell's son, Glen Stewart, in Orillia, ON. They were owners of sand & gravel pits and operators of haulage trucks of various sizes.

1990

J.G. Stewart Construction was formed by Russell's son, John Stewart. They became a portable crushing, washing, and classifying arm of the Stewart Group.

2000

J.G. Stewart Construction began renting out aggregate processing equipment.

2017

J.G. Stewart Construction began teaching safety training seminars to others in the surface mining industry.

Present

J.G. Stewart Construction operates portable crushing & washing spreads that travel the province to produce products that meet the customers specifications, whatever they may be.