Common Core - Basics
This training is necessary for anyone who works in a surface mine at any capacity. Whether you work there permanently or only for a few days, these basic common core modules are required. The Occupational Health and Safety Act and Surface Miners Training Standards state that anyone who works on a surface mining site must have this training before they are allowed to work.
This training seminar includes the first 3 common core modules:
1. Work Safely in Your Work Environment
- Hazard Prevention
- Spills and Leaks
- WHMIS & MSDS
- Working Around Mobile, Stationary, and Portable Equipment
- Working in Elevated Areas
- Working Around Water
- Emergency Response Plans
- Traffic Control
2. Lock Out/Tag Out (Zero Energy State)
- Electrical Energy
- Mobile/Portable Energy
- Hydraulic & Pneumatic Energy
- Mechanical Energy
- Thermal & Chemical Energy
3. Operate Portable Hand and Power Tools
- Hand Tools
- Impact Tools
- Electrically Powered Hand Tools
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic Hand Tool
- Maintaining, Cleaning, and Storing Hand Tools
1 Day (6-8hrs)
Includes: Classroom & Practical Teaching
Lunch will be provided.
Group (5+): $249/person
Please register to book a training date.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who works on a Surface Mining Site is required by law to have these three modules before starting work.